The Presbyterian Church of Thibodaux was formally organized on June 6, 1847, by 17 members and the Rev. Daniel McNair. The first church was built on the corner of what is now West Fourth and St. Louis Streets. It served the church until 1907, when a new church was built on the corner of Canal Boulevard and East 11th Street. A hurricane destroyed it in 1926 and the new building, pictured above just after its completion, was built in 1927 at 522 Green Street.
Information compiled by Eddie "Bush" Bernard with the help of the late Ruth Bergeron